I don’t think there is a wow player that doesn’t want to make his own fraps. I know for sure I was one of them so I started first by searching what program to use, what settings I should have to make a decent footage and of course you will need to encode it…
- I tried Fraps but this one won’t do more than 30 sec if is not upgraded or… cracked! After like 30 min I gave up.
- Next one was Hypercam2 witch lost me in all the settings I had to do. At first videos were very spiky, then very fast… So i gave up after a bit of research on how to set it.
At the end I remembered I had an account on xfire.com but off course I forgot the password so… Here my tips starts:
Open xfire.com and under the log in you will find NEW USER:
Go there and next page will look like this:
Click on the Download link and save it in your Kit folder or where you keep the applications.
Install it and create the account. Open the application and log in. In the new window that will open on the right side you will see an extended window. Go to the icon I made it red:D (don’t know the name) and then on the right side you sill see something similar, off course with no video pic because you don’t have any at the moment. For me you see F8 on top right because I changed the binding. Click on any key combination you will see on the top right (i think is Scroll Lock +Something) and a new window will open: I changed my in game key binding. Anything you will choose there (or keep it how it was) will allow you to start recording and stop recording at any time while you are in game. Honestly I don’t know if will do and when you are outside it, but… I don’t care because I only plan to fraps while I play.
Another setting that I did was to put 60 frames per second because after the first try I did the video didn’t look to good. Also choose where your videos will be saved. I created a new folder just for that. The rest of the settings I don’t really know what they do and I didn’t even look to be honest but remember… this guide is for someone that is a bigginer (like me:P).
Now… log in game and start recording. Just press the key binding you have set. In game you will a small window with red dot.REC… etc ( I didn’t manage to screen it, so It won’t appear nor in your videos or screen shots).
Now you are at the point where you do have your own small video… witch is HUGE… My first one that I upload it (and the single one at this time) had almost 8 G. Don’t be scared:P because now you need to encode it and make it ready for upload. Good news (and this is why I prefer this small application) is that you don’t need another program. Go to your xfire window, select the movie and click upload. It won’t upload it directly, but encode it first witch will take some time, according to the initial size. For me was like 50 min. After you done that… click upload… wait for it and you are done.
by default it will upload it on xfire.com in your account page, but you wil still have it in your computer. Mine was 117.9 MG after the encoding, so you can put it up on you tube where in any other part you want.
Also, the youtube link:
A few things about why this fail Baradin Hold:P
- some druid applied to my guild so we took it in this PUG…
- I said I won’t dispel to let him do it or see actually if he does it… surprize? NO tbh… he didn’t even try and we almost wiped
- I changed him in gr 2 right before I said group positions to see if he pays attention… RESULT? – he is still where gr 1 should have been
- the empty space is because some random lock couldn’t enter
- I am bad!!! because I was with pvp spec and glyps… so when I saw the video was wandering where is my poh hot???
ah, y… 1.20 min in to the fight, the druid dcd…
I hope some of you will use this small guide witch off course it lacks so many things… and, if you have any tips I could use please leave a message here.