SMALL UPDATE: for Shadowmourn room keep up your group with holy nova and ofc, use pom on cd, maybe some shields. Your paly should be able to keep up the second group with no problems. Will make running much more easier.
Lich King heroic 10 or 25 is one of the best fights out there. Off course the 10 man version is a bit easier because of the low amount of people that can fuck up but is still nice tuned.
I haven’t kill it yet on 25 and I must say the chances didn’t really favor us considering the lack of holy paladins, then a missing resto shaman… and so on, but we did got it in 10 mans and this is my subject today.
How to heal LK 10 heroic as discipline priest?
Consider also that most of those things are applying in 25 version too.
Here I must give some special tanks to Entrop because he/she was very kind and gave me a few tips pointing out where my raid did mistakes in a previous raid. His analyzes were done on a kind of crap set up but he did made some valid points.
I will try to cover this fight at least from my point of view but taking in consideration the raid I had, glyphs, gear and what I did precisely.
- Raid composition
- Gear and why
- The fight
1. Raid composition
- Protection Warrior
- Protection Paladin
- Discipline Priest (me)
- Holy Paladin
- Fire Mage
- Demo Lock
- Markshman Hunter
- Shadow Priest
- Unholy Death Knight
As you can see no shaman but we did had 15% buff. This is not the best raid we could have had here but wasn’t the worst (comparing to older attempts)
2. Gear/stats and why
Rapture – When your Power Word: Shield is completely absorbed or dispelled you are instantly energized with 2.5% of your total mana, and you have a 100% chance to energize your shielded target with 2% total mana, 8 rage, 16 energy or 32 runic power. This effect can only occur once every 12 sec.
Strength of Wrynn (15%) + 4 set bonus for t10 = 20% stronger shields
Infest – Inflicts 9,425 to 10,575 Shadow damage to the entire raid. In addition, affected targets will take increasingly higher Shadow damage every 1 second, starting at 1,000. Secondary effect is removed when the target is at more than 90% health.
I decided to go with less spell power and, that meant like 3000 unbuffed and grab some gear with intellect (I picked up here the badge trinket: Talisman of Resurgence and the one from Mimiron: Pandora’s Plea) and haste, around 900.
We know that rapture has a cool down of 12 seconds and the entire idea to be able to shield people each infest is supported by this mechanic. If all 8 shield (don’t shield tanks unless Is really necessary) will break in same time you will get 8*2% of your total mana. Sounds cool, right? Well, if your shields are to strong you will go oom pretty fast and that won’t do any good, so picking up intellect over spell power is a good choice here.
If you will be shielding tanks Rapture might trigger before Infest hits so it will be on cd when you actually are waiting for a bit amount of mana incoming.
Obviously, since you are not tank healing (this is where you actually could use the haste for faster Flash Heal/Penance when tank has Weakened Soul debuff and your first hasted heal went off) you might say that haste isn’t very helpull, but, in my opinion it is: in phase transitions, when the raid will take some damage and you want people with no Weakened Soul debuff up 15 seconds before the next phase starts then you need to heal with something else and Prayer of Healing is something nice to use.
Also is good inside Frostmourne and for dsping the Vile Spirits.
As a “special” weapon I went with Nibelung, the 277 version. Normally I use this in PVP but any chance for some extra dps is always nice. Of course was a personal choice and at the end I counted 150k dps done by “Val’kyrs”. Is not much but let’s say it counted.
I chose a normal discipline spec with a small change: 2 points in Holy Reach.
5. The fight
I won’t cover the entire tactic because you need to find out what works better for you, but… as extra for the heroic version you will have more damage, more hp to nuke down, Shadow Trap and Frostmourne room.
Start shielding everyone except MT when are <18 sec till the boss becomes active.
At the start you can dot the boss, use Power Infusion on your mage or w/e. The time between Infests is 20-22 seconds (if he is casting Summon Drudge Ghouls or Summon Shambling Horror so you will have time to dps boss (my Devouring Plague did a bit over 180k damage on boss) but don’t forget to dispel Necrotic Plague if you are on the job, ven too, I got advised to leave one dps doing it (Entrop) because is idd a tight fight where are used only 2 healers.
Move from Shadow Trap and repeat all from above.
As a short recap:
- – Shield up before each infest
- – Use PI on your dps each time is off cool down(if you have Bloodlust at the start of phase 1, then keep PI for when that is over).
- – Dps boss IF you have time. Don’t stress it and wipe the raid because you were to busy too smite Lich King.
- – Move from Shadow Trap
- – Shield up again before infest and help your paladin healer to top off where is needed.
- – If your add tank has 2 on him and he doesn’t have any cool down up then make use of your Pain Suppression.
- – Dispel plague and make sure you are not on global cool down when are like 11 seconds left from debuff. You need to dispel it soon the person is near add or at very least 11 seconds left.
- – If you are unable for some reason to dispel ask another one in raid to do it, but make it in time.
- – Call if a certain target needs extra heal because some add made your shield dropping down.
- – Never go in front of a Stambler!
Be sure you and the entire raid are aware when the boss is at 72-71 % and be on the edge of platform. This will minimize the damage on raid from Remorseless Winter. Even before the first add is up you have time for a fast Hymn of Hope. During this phase heal, shield dps Spirits IF you have time. Stay spread out and don’t spam if is not needed. Middle of this phase is where I ask for an innervate but depending on your raid comps might not be needed.
- – Move on the edge in time
- – Make sure everyone enter in transition with shields up because this will give you time to hymn and regen a bit
- – DON’T stay in front of raging spirit
- – Move to tank if is on you
- – 15 sec before this phase will be over DON’t put shields up. Here I mostly heal with PoH if the damage is big or keep renew on ppl. PoM is a great tool like always and don’t forget to use it in any time during the fight when is not on cd or the stacks are on some pet.
- – When are like 1-2 sec left I start shield people
- – Don’t get hit by Sphere
- – Move fast with raid avoiding being in front of Raging Spirit
- – After the first Val’kyr will be Defile so move where you should be for that, while keep shielding
- – Help on tanks if needed
- – Don’t forget your PI
- – Several seconds later is Infest fallowed by another Valky’r and/or Defile very close to each other.
- – Try to shield as fast as possible, don’t lose time on doing something else because you might be the next one grabbed.
- – If you are grabbed, call it and say on what people you don’t have a shield on or who has less damage that can be absorbed. You need to have a back up plan for certain situations: Aura Mastery with Shadow Aura up, Divine Hymn if you have another priest in, have a shaman using Chain Heal or w/e. Idea is that you do need something or some one to cove it.
- – Help on tanks when your paladin is grabbed or when Soul Reaper damage is expected.
- – Be very fast and think fast. This Phase is unforgiving.
- – Make sure your tanks are taunting Valky’rs after they drop the person. If they won’t do that will be impossible ta some point to keep up with Infest because the damage from Valky’rs will lower your shields on people.
- – At the start of this phase, after you are on positions use your Fiend.
Be sure you and the entire raid are aware when the boss is at 42-41 % and be on the edge of platform. Now you can shield and heal people normal because in next phase there is no more Infest.
If you have time dps adds and take a breath. What was “hard” passed.
This is the phase where you will meet Frostmourne room.
Soon the phase starts and the boss becomes active shield up everyone if you can, help on ADD tank and be ready to get dragged in the room. What we did was to gather up in the middle with a mark (preferably a tank because he won’t do much there or a melee dps – idea is to be some one that doesn’t have something to do than avoiding spheres and bombs) then move asap with him in a free spot.
- – Make sure your view camera will allow you to look at the platform from up and the distance is big enough so you can also see at least where the mark is.
- – Don’t move ahead of mark
- – Shield, renew, PoM and PoH when you stay more then 3 sec in a place
- – When you get out shield tanks and start dps the Vile Spirits. This will help incredible much on the time left for your dps to be on boss actually.
- – Watch where you place Defile
- – Heal spikes damage on tanks if needed
- – dps the Vile Spirits
- – dps the Vile Spirits
- – dps the Vile Spirits
- – Repeat the Frostmourne room and then die, loot the boss, change your title in Bane of the Fallen King and go to sleep.
Now, I don’t expect this to work for everyone but are a few “tips” that can be used.