What Replenishment is:
- a buff :P
- 100 yd range
- Replenishes 1% of maximum mana per 5 sec for 15 sec.
This 1% of maximum mana per 5 sec for 15 sec is actually splinted by second.
A total mana pull of 35000 1%*35000=350 mana per 5, meaning 70 mana per second for 15 second, giving you back a total of 1050 mana. This is quite impressive, right?
A total mana pull of 29593 1%*29593=295.9 mana per 5, meaning 59.186 mana per second for 15 seconds, giving you back a total of 887.7 mana This is actually my case (unbuffed and not in a raid situation) and here is what my combat log shows. Seems we actually lose some regen here and we can’t do much about it… or, the combat log needs to show with 10 numbers after. The los is really insignificant and I seriously doubt some one will complain about it (except me)… but, is good to know:P
Who can provide this buff?
- Enduring Winter (Mage, Tier 9 Frost): Gives Frostbolt a 33/66/100% chance to grant Replenishment.
- Hunting Party (Hunter, Tier 10 Survival): 33/66/100% chance of Arcane Shot, Explosive Shot and Steady Shot critical strikes to trigger the effect.
- Improved Soul Leech (Warlock, Tier 7 Destruction): Gives spells which benefit from Soul Leech (Conflagrate, Incinerate, Shadow Bolt, Shadowburn, and Soul Fire) a 50/100% chance to grant Replenishment.
- Judgements of the Wise (Paladin, Tier 7 Retribution): 33/66/100% chance to cause the effect on any Judgement spell.
- Vampiric Touch (Priest, Tier 9 Shadow): Causes Shadow damage over time and enables the Replenishment effect to be triggered by Mind Blast.
Historically speaking, shadow priests and rets are viewed as a mana battery and very rarely we will see hunters (maybe in a 10 man raid where there is no sp, no ret) or locs providing this… not to mention frost mages. About frost mages… who on earth will spec frost to provide replenishment in a raid, when an arcane mage will own the meters by far? And we do know that… the best mana per 5 is actually a higher dps.
Who will get this buff?
- If you do not have the buff and are in the lowest 10 mana users, you get a 15s buff.
- If you have the buff already and are in the lowest 10 mana users, the buff is reset to 15s.
- If you are not in the lowest 10 mana users, nothing changes… you keep your current replenishment or lack of it.
What I don’t know and will like some one that can confirm or infirm this… Is replenishment going to some one that has 50% mana left (let’s say 16k) or for some one that has 70% mana left (8k) compared to the full mana pool? Now, let’s take some logs with 1 and 3 replenishment provided in a raid (25 man).
Of course we had raids with 2 classes that provided replenishment but I become lazy to search true logs.
Now… what I didn’t like?
– Pets getting replenishment. I know is not a new thing, but is silly to have a healer with less ticks than a pet. You will say that there are not mana problems in the current content but to be honest I do find my self often with less than 20% mana, with shadowfiend on cd and no hymn up to cast… but I do rely to have replenishment in raid and this doesn’t look good when is up less then 50% on me, but… a pet gets it? And not only he gets it, but in the second example had more ticks then 90% of the raid.
Also… if I cast fiend and a new replenishment will search for 10 targets with low mana… hey! my shadowfiend will get it, and prolly not me. (this is really something I need to search in logs… would be sad…).
How much you rely on replenishment in raid?
I honestly don’t find this mechanic to be fare. Why not give focus to all pets so people like me stop complaining?:P