I haven’t been very active lately on bloging but, since I am not that good at it… I don’t think it was a big loss.
Anyway, like usual I had several ideas going in my mind about what to write but, since my English is so bad I find it hard some times to express good enough or in a nice manner to be appealing for readers.
Skipping all this or… with this in mind I will make a short recap on last few weeks that I was “away”. In this case away means focused to pass my trial😛
1 month ago I was speaking about a faction change and a xfer in Hello, my name is Maitreyi. From that moment a lot of things have happened:
My first druid
First was accommodation with playing as alliance… damn it wasn’t easy! Each raid in Togc people were telling me on vent to stay on the right side or… since the best way to discover things was to level up another char, I start putting some effort to raise a druid. Her name is Maiie and now is… 52.
I was dreaming a druid from a long time but I never had enough will to make one or I was to focused on other things. Now, with only Bati active and with a bit of free time I start playing the druid.
I must say I do enjoy playing her. Leveling on “the other side” put me in the situation of bugging people with silly questions like how to get in Stv …? Or where is the alliance camp in Stv… oh, wait… there is none!!! This was actually a surprise and not a pleasant one.
To be honest this is so unfair: horde has an entire base with zeppelin and innkeeper and all that when alliance has only a fly path!!! That I heard it was added later, after BC and the distance till Booty Bay is soooo big.
I remember I always thought that Blizzard favors alliance and y… I didn’t have any facts to sustain this, but I guess was something that crosses my mind only because “they were the enemy”.
After the “shock” of knowing that I need to manage in Stv without an innkeeper I went further and since I normally like Uldaman I went to Badlands in a try to gather the quests that I should do there… well, another surprise:
- [me] where is the alliance camp in Badlands?
- [player1] Eh… Badlands?
- [player2] There is no camp in Badlands for alliance
- [me] what? You must be joking….!!!!
- [player 1] ah, yes, never was one
- [me] silent disappointment
I mean, really… why no camp?
Finishing my trial
Now… after one month my trial has finely ended. I must admit that I was in a few guilds but none had such a long trial period but… I do agree with it.
A player can have a peak period with excellence performance and after that he’s real “skill” will start to show. Also, we must consider the rng that will always influence a bit the play stile.
I had my up and downs during this month. As some one said I did well at the start and then I had 1 week… well, 2 raids where I did a few big mistakes. They did come after 2 awful days at work and my focus was down to …0 but I don’t think that’s an excuse. I should have said that I don’t feel good and I should skip that raid but no… ms Bati can do everything!
I was my self very disappointed and was thinking that maybe is the case to go casual and stop trying to achieve something because I am not the right person for it.
Well, the next reset I came fresh if I may say so and did my job if not great at least good. That is my own appreciation after checking logs and comparing activity between the “good” and the “bad” raids.
These logs analyze is not something I do only when I fail but I frequently like check what I did:
- First are deaths… if I died I need to see again what killed me or if my assignment died what killed him/her and what I was doing at that time. I do that if it happens in raid using recount but sometimes a later review of the events might make it clearer.
- Damage received… I always want to know what damage I got. Of course in the fights with an aura damage I don’t count that but there is always some extra abilities that put me in difficulty and that means my raid to. They don’t need a dead healer and therefore I need to watch next raid at least to not repeat the same mistake. (check Power Aura ICC debuffs post for some tips on how to handle some fights)
- Healing done… everyone likes to be on top of the meters but is no use to be there if your assignment died, so as long I did my job the healing done sometimes doesn’t count but is still a measure to take into consideration if , for example, at Blood Queen I do 3-4k hps… that means I was really slaking.
- What spells I used… and the use %
- Mana gained and from what
- I also check over healing and what spells did over heal the most. If my healing done with flash heal is 40k and over healing is 100k… then I need to learn to do it proper because some one does the job instead of me and I am damn slow.
Hmm… If I was you, my reader, I would think that I failed and probably are there a few persons that would hope that even I like to leave room for a “hello”. Ah, well… seems that this blog will end up as a journal but yes, I did pass my trial. I think I did a bigger problems from my failures than it actually was but I hate doing mistakes!
This month wasn’t so long after all and it did gave me the time to learn a bit more the alliance side even I will still be “amazed” of some things. O!… and I am a human priest now. As much as I like how draenei female looks I prefer the racials from a human at the moment.
The first post after this long, long pause should have been about the Lich King encounter, but… stay tuned because will be coming soon. I won’t say exactly when because I kinda fail with keeping my promises since reality is also here and I need to have a social life also.