Was a lot of discussions on my guild lately about migrating or not. Not necessary taking a free transfer (even that will make it easier for people with many alts) but just trying to get away from the 2h queues and the crappy lag we had almost each time we raided.
The biggest thing that happened at the end of this week is that server Al’Akir has now almost 99.9% horde population and… all this was a mater of a few hours.
How it begin?
The guild (most of them was here from day 1) loved the server and the majority didn’t want to leave. For me, to be honest was indifferent because I am new anyway, and… I didn’t had the time to feel Al’Akir as a home. BUT…
Sunday night raid
Was… decent latency till we got at Festergut. The plan was doing the achievement but the lag was insane… We got it after 3’d attempt or so, but wasn’t fun to fight against this.
After a few good hours spent on wipe because of huge lag spikes the guild decides to xfer.
Now is a totally craziness going on about where, why, sorting bank, claiming names… yes, i could take Bati back and I think this is the main reason I love this decision.
We came back after 1h or so, hopping the lag won’t still be here and trying to finish the raid… we did finish it, but not in a normal way… we still had problems with it.
After the raid finished we did a visit to Thrall. You can see in the screen shots from above how it was (I never killed it before since he was on my side, but was really fun doing it).
A few extra explanations for all those horde that are claiming a “sheep effect”… you can’t say that because you never had this situation and I honestly hope it won’t be needed. The high amount of angry or “smart” people that are continue posting on official forums is hilarious…
I played horde for 4 years… I love horde, I been Alliance from 2 weeks and is not like I defend my side now, but what you are saying is wrong.
What means when you are on Al’Akir as alliance?
- you never have Wintergrasp… or you have it once each month. At first this might not sound such a big problem but actually it is. We can’t enjoy the same game as you can on other servers. I remember how fun it was to go and defend or take Wintergrasp in a half even fight let’s say. I don’t mind loosing this battle, but in 2 weeks wile I have been there we had Wintergrasp once… This also will come in the next arena season with no chance for alliance to get a tier or a pvp item from the new boss.
- You stay in 1-1.5k queues… When I xfered there I did see the queues but I honestly thought is something for the moment since a new wing was released. It wasn’t. At least for me was pretty stressful. In a way I was forced to log in game soon I was getting home from work just so I don’t catch the queue. And… with this comes the fact that I couldn’t log off or go AFK for more than 10 min because then a disconnected from server message will appear on my screen and we all know what that means …
- On top off this… HUGE latency issues in instances. Some raids were canceled or delayed because of this. It’s terrible and a lost time for those that maybe did efforts to be on line for raid.
- Be ready to get killed by a horde at any time. Off course is a PVP server, but it was one with a silly horde/alliance ratio… 6/1 or so.
I personally cared only about the queues and latency that caused so many problems. The other 2 points aren’t so big issues as long there is still a decent PVP community.
Now… the chain effect:
- 1 guild left
- R and G had friends in that guild and they were doing arenas with them… so, after a small chat they decided to leave as well
- guild 2 leaves
- community is a bit worried now about the quality of the players that are still there and realize the ratio is gaining a bigger gap… plus… the queues are still there and the lag
- guilds 3, 4, 5 leaves
- guild 6 is not sure but he heard rumors about the guild 7 and 8 that are leaving. The information’s is not confirmed but while half of the guild realize 70% of there friends are gone… the officers decide to go since is free xfer, and they might get that Wintergrasp boss once at least this year and, after all… why to stay and fight against 20k horde with a number that is equal with 10% of that amount.
Now… that 90% of the alliance that was on Al’akir is on Auchindoun I am honestly asking why there are still people there?
I would hate to come home from work, log in (on a server with no que now:P) and… wanting to check AH… oh, wait… 200 items total (hmm, I was sure this is not the common AH…) then, after I did decide to buy that weapon for my alt, I noticed there is no auctioneer alive (the rogue that was camping there from the “Big Migration” wake up and killed the NPC)… Yes, great thing! Now… only thing left is the random heroics for poor guys! Good luck finding a 10 man for weekly heroic…I don’t say people should leave but…from my point of view, what remains now on Al’Akir is a dead server for alliance so there is not much to chose from.
Because of this I don’t blame people that left… Is true that almost everyone came on Auchindoun… but that’s there choice and I hope we will write a good page in the server history.
This subject and “why do guilds are migrating” is actually big but I didn’t think until now on the effect will have for the entire community from that server.
On another note… hey, my name is Bati! AGAIN