WordPress has a tool that shows me what words did people use to get to my blog and a few times I was seeing “grid+holy priest” or “settings+grid+priest”. We all know that healers needs raid frames to be effective. At the moment there are a lot of options and everyone will use at the end what they feel comfortable with.
A long period of time I was a Healbot user and I am not ashamed to admit it, but it wasn’t in the time when Healbot was deciding for you. Anyway, after I joined Barbarians, an end game raiding guild, Healbot wasn’t enough for my needs so slowly I start using Grid. I was trying it a few times before but because I didn’t know how to set it properly I just went on the easy side saying that “i don’t like it”.
When I decided that my reason was silly and I need to see what can Grid really do, I ended loving it.
So, let’s start with what I use:
The menu for Grid at the start is pretty easy (type /grid config to bring up the menu)
Start with making a profile: Grid -> Profile -> Other (and here type your grid profile). Press enter.
Go to Layout and first select a Layout for Solo. Like this you will be able to see how your settings will look like. I set it here by group of 25, but doesn’t really matter as long you didn’t select None.
Now you should be able to see your frame. Go to Layout -> Scale (down the right window) and scale your frame. It will still look like a square, but don’t be scared, we can still sort it out 🙂 Go to Frame -> Advanced and select the Hight and the Width of frame, Font size, Texture.
I guess now your grid frame should look like you want.
Now, colors… (ALL THE SETTING WILL BE SO YOU WON”T USE CLASS COLORS FOR FRAMES) Grid -> Status -> Healt. Under that you will find Healt Deficit. Be sure you have it Enable, and uncheck Use class color. For Unit health i have selected a color slightly darker (NOTE: i heard you can’t select fall back color to be … blue for example, but mine are like this for a reason: to notice me when some one has disease, magic debuff) If you want a fall back color different, and not white, at unit health select one that will have a small tent for the one you like (Ex: white pink, white blue). My color tool is: Color Tools
Now, take in account I don’t use a different fall back color so my settings for Disease and Magic debuff will consider this.
Me GRID settingsAll the settings will be done in: Grid -> Frame
- Border : Debuff type: Disease and Debuff type: Magic
- Healt Bar Color: Death Warning, Debuff type: Disease and Debuff type: Magic, Off line warning, Unit Healt
- Healing Bar: Incoming heals
- Center Text: Unit Name, Feign Death Warning, Off line warning, Death warning
- Center Text 2 (you need to enable this in: Frame -> Advanced ->Enable Center Text 2 Indicator (you will find it on the right window with setting at the top)): Death warning, Debuff: Ghost, Health Deficit, Incoming Heals, Off line warning
- Center Icon: Debuff type: Disease and Debuff type: Magic, Raid Debuff, Ready Check
- Icons (sides) :
- Left Icon -> Raid Target Icon Player
- Right Icon: Buff: Prayer of Mending (you need to add it to grid: Status -> Auras -> In the space for Add new Buff type the name and press enter. After this you will find it where all the other buffs, debuffs, settings are)
- Icons (corners):
- Top left corner Icon (right): Buff: Power Word: Shield and Debuff: Weakened Soul (ideea here is to show me that I can’t cast a new shield after the one that i casted finished his effect from absorbing or just by running off). Also you need to add it if you can’t find it.
- Bottom right corner Icon (Left): Buff: Renew
- Bottom right corner Icon (right): here i have added manually to grid a few cd’s that I like to know when are used on a certain target. Ex: Pain Suppression, Guardian Spirit, Divine shield, Icebound Fortitude etc
- Bottom Left Corner: Incoming Heals
- Corner Text Top Right: Hot count (Here I like to know when people have a hot running. It will count my renew also)
- Frame Alpha: Death warning, More then 10, 100, 30, 40 yards away (here… i think is wrong, but it’s working for me) and Off line warnings
- Top side: Disease and Debuff type: Magic
- Bottom Side: Aggro alert
This is how my settings looks like.
Also, if you want to modify the scale of the middle icon go to Frame -> Advanced (the settings are on the right window). For the other icons you need to go under Advanced. Just look at the picture.I hope this will answer to a lot of questions. Feel free to correct me if something is wrong. At the end your grid will look like this: