When I have start to play this game I was a total noob like any other starter probably. Addons for me were just a way to trick the game and I was 100% against them.
When my hunter has start raiding, the guild I was in, told me I need to get a few addons… and from that till my current UI was a long way but, I did learn a lot of things and over all this improved my game style.
Download Bati’s UI (<— click)
I am not very good at words, since my English is pretty bad, so I will just make a short recap of the main mods I use.
As any raider I first go for a few mods that i consider them “a must”:
– unit frame mod – I use Stuf because I am pretty bad at lua configuration and Stuf are just great. You basically can do whatever you want with your unit frames. There are many out there from what you can choose: Pitbull3 or Pitbull4 (been using those to for a long time before changed to Stuf) and of course oUF (and here you really have a lot of options) – are many more, I only give a few examples.
– castbar mod- Castbar 😛 simple and really efficient.
– buff/debuffs – I use for this Satrina Buff Frames and i must say that I won’t drop it really soon. It is a mod highly customizable soon you get true the options menu a bit. I used THIS guide to learn how to set things.
– KGpanels – I don’t think there is some one there that doesn’t know about this, but as a short note you can use this mod to add your own artworks to the interface, or just create simple panels that will give a nice looks to your UI. I personally use this along with Shared Media (a lot of addons will make use of it) – has a lot of fonts, borders, textures that I collected in all this time wile learning how to set my UI.
– Minimap – Basic Minimap is a basic and light solution to a clean, square or circular minimap. You can/have: move, scale, hide blizz buttons, zoom with mouse wheel & Auto zoom-out, set square or circular minimap, strata selection, auto show the calendar button when invites arrive, border and border color selection with class color support.
– chat mod: Chatter
– Power Auras Classic is a must – i love this! (check Power auras and some codes (1+2)) What it does exacly…? Is a very powerful addon that will tell you when something proct: a trinket, an ability you want to know when it’s up or will announce you when you have a debuff that will force you to move, use a cooldown and so on. The visual part of this addon is very customizable and you can have the “announces” as an icon or text along with timers, stacks, sounds and an animation in any place of your screen. My girly side also loves it because it makes my UI to look cute:P
– raid frames – Grid – I start using this a bit late because I was a Healbot user for almost 2 years so it was hard to accept that it’s something better out there but, the need has call for it so I end up giving it a try and now I purely love it. Healbot was great and it really did his job but Grid… ❤ (I plan to show my grid set up in the near future – check back in a few days). Along with Grid I also use a few extra grid “extensions” for icons, extra text or target icons.
I will stop here for today because i kinda need to do some work to 😛 but will get back for more soon.