I was a constant blog reader for a good time and now i want to see how it is on the other side… One of the blogs i truly enjoy reading was Miss Medicina. She had a great idea about a short questionnaire Circle of Healers so i thought i can give it some answers my self from my priest pov … paly is still an alt and at the moment is mainly tanking seems. For me reading what ppl answered was really enjoyable and i hope i could give the same feeling.
EDIT: I have tagged Cows even is a bit late. I really enjoy his blog and i would like to see his answers here. Hope he will accept.
Another note is that i do apologize for my English.
- What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer? Batì, Holy Priest (i do play discipline as many times it is required in raids)
- What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans) The days when i was doing 5 man heroics like mad are gone so now, in the small time i have i raid. The ratio is pretty balanced between 25 and 10 man raids but as prio is 25 man raids.
- What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why? Prayer on Mending for sure… is instant and can crit but after the initial hit i won’t worries to much about it and the heals will come in a short period of time without me spending mana. Only think i need to do after that is to see when the cd is up, if there are any charges up and if they lie on some pet or another person that is not sure will take damage in the close future so… i mend again! I love this spell because can be a easy spell at a first view but is great if u know how to make the best use of it.
- What healing spell do you use least for your class and why? Binding Heal – don’t get me wrong… i do love this spell but even i knew is a mistake from my side i didn’t train my self enough to use it as much as it should. The need for it really got me on Anub25 heroic so i have start using it more often, now getting to the point when Binding Heal, on some fights is 4’t or 5’t in healing done.
- What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why? Flexibility! I can do with succes any assignment in my raid. No mater if is raid healing, tank healing, ffa… my lovely priest will always be able to do his job that was requested in the healing plan.
- What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why? Do we have any? joking… ofc we have: we have cloth!… ONLY cloth. And this cloth lately looks horrible when i am thinking at t10 … i really pray for the blue coloring to be right t10.xx that i will wear.
- In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you? Raid healing for sure because then i know i will have time to help on tank healing and trow a CoH, PoM on those melee that just took some damage. There won’t be time to get bored and i can even take some decision concerning the healing i do. If i do tank healing i know i can do perfectly … but i can’t do to much except that because if the tanks dies… might have been because i “decided” is good to heal something else.
- What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why? Paladin – might be because i do play a holy paladin as well… but i find paladins amazing! Beacon of Light is the new !I WANT THAT! spell and is insanely powerful. Let’s see… what else: ah, y… Aura mastery ! Is impossible not to love this class.
- What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why? hmm, that’s a hard question even i am sure it wasn’t intended. I don’t think i find a specific class that will make my playing less enjoyable considering healing. If is not a paladin i could say that the rest will be here.
- What is your worst habit as a healer? I don’t use Inner Focus as much as i would like but then again i have a good reason for it: Inner Focus + Divine Hymn = Win.
- What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing? This is easy! Ppl that are staying in fire, in void zones, in anything that does damage and they SHOULD NOT be there. And, on top of that, they stay there, ask for heals and never use there own defensive ability’s or healt stones, pots. I have a scary pleasure of letting them to die… but i try to do that on random pugs and not in my raids. No mater how much i blame them i still try to bring up that silly healt bar!
- Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing? A big yes here… priests are really well balanced and have a tool for almost everything and we really don’t have time to get bored with the amount of chooses we need to make… and all this for a better performance at the end. If ppl want to find a minus here i am sure some will be able to but this is what we have and the challenge is to make the best use of it.
- What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer? Did any of my assignment targets died? If they did… what killed them? Why i didn’t heal them at that time? Those are the first 3 questions i first search an answer and usually i get this from recount. according to the info i get from checking this i try to adjust. The second step is to see my healing done, overhealing and comparing with other holy priests. This i do using the logs or recount if there are more then 1 holy priest in my raid. If my top spell is circle of healing with 33% and PoM has only 12% from healing done then i was a slacker but that is hardly gonna happen:P If i have a group assigned i still check my top targets that i healed and see if i did focus on my job or i was random trowing heals. Another thing that i frequently check is energy gained (mana in this case) and what i did use for it… ofc comparing this with other holy priests.
- What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class? We die to fast…! No really… some might die fast but that means they just failed. It has nothing to do with the fact that we wear cloth… or wait, i already said that this is a weakness. Let me explain a bit: healt stone on cd, guardian spirit on cd, fade on cd, my tank is sleeping… i have agro so… ofc i died bc that 8k hit on my slim body would have been 3-4k on a plate! Thing is priests won’t die much more than another healing class unless they fuck up and maybe that angel is actually the reason of this miss concept. I mean we are still up for a few second and no one can miss those beautiful wings so in they’re brain they have the feeling we die to often.
- What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn? How to use wise the entire arsenal of healing spells and not just to go in a fight and spam CoH and FH… learn this class! and u will end up loving it.
- If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)? Hmm… most likely i will be near top/middle on healing done… depending on what i was supposed to do in that fight. Considering overhealing… well, i leave the druids to top meters here and i will stay closely to middle or end of it.
- Haste or Crit and why? Personally i let the crit to be only from talents/gear stats and if my other stats allows me i gem for haste. If i have 23-25+ holy crit only from gear then i am fine… that means rest is unlimited haste.
- What healing class do you feel you understand least? Resto shamans… i have never played one and i think that’s the best way to properly understand a class. My next project will be a troll druid and that will be my last alt so i doubt i will focus my attention on shamans more then reading about it.
- What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing? Grid and a bunch of mini grid addons plus click, PoM tracker and Surge track, Power Auras. Along with that i have a few mouse over macros for shield, binding heal, fearward and a few other. UI
- Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why? Balance for sure…